An online presence is essential for businesses of all sizes in the modern world. It provides a convenient way for customers to find and purchase your products, but it also allows you to reach a global audience. However, with the benefits of an online business come some risks.
According to a survey conducted by the UK Cyber Security on cyber breaches, 39% of UK businesses identified a cyber-attack on their organization within the last 12 months.
Within this subset, 31% of companies claimed that they were attacked at least once a week, while 1 in 5 says they faced negative consequences due to an attack.
Thus it can be seen that cyber-attacks are not uncommon phenomena. In fact, as per research, they are on the rise with every passing year. Hackers and cybercriminals are always looking for new ways to exploit vulnerabilities, and a successful attack can have devastating consequences.
But how can you deal with such situations and events? Don’t worry! MITRE ATT&CK is here to help you out!
MITRE ATT&CK: Perfect for your Business!
It is quite evident that there is no business that does not face cyber risk, no matter what industry the organization is from and what its size is.
However, businesses can mitigate risks by following some simple tips to protect their organization online. MITRE ATT&CK is an essential resource for IT security teams. The framework can be leveraged to increase their cyber threat intelligence.
These tips will help you protect your business online!
In addition to the MITRE ATT&CK framework, The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has outlined the following tips that will help your organization stay safe online:
- One of the most important things you can do to protect your online business is to create backups of your key systems and data. By doing so, you will ensure that if your system is ever attacked or compromised, you will have a copy of your data to restore it.
- Apply new security patches to your web browser, operating system, and all other software on your devices to secure them. In most cases, the software will auto-update itself. If not, then you can manually download the software patches.
- Install and frequently update anti-malware and anti-virus software on all of your devices.
- Ensure that everyone in your organization uses strong passwords and changes them once every 60 to 90 days. Furthermore, use two-factor authentication to ensure added security.
- Use a password management tool and set different passwords for different websites/services.
- Use data encryption to secure any sensitive data. Do not share any sensitive data or passwords via email if it is unencrypted.
- Be wary of clicking on any links visible on social media websites/apps, unfamiliar websites, or sent to you within emails. This will help prevent ransomware or phishing.
- Use a firewall and make sure that the latest firmware is installed in your internet router/firewall.
- Use the MITRE ATT&CK framework to address security threats with tools you already have.
- If you access your systems over an insecure network or public Wi-Fi, use a VPN (a virtual private network).
Protecting your online business from security threats is critical for your success. By implementing strong security measures, you can help deter would-be criminals and minimize the impact of any successful attacks. Protecting your online business is essential to ensuring its long-term success.
The use of the MITRE ATT&CK framework can be beneficial against security threats. It is essential to pay attention to the security of you are cautious about wasting time and money and maintaining your company’s reputation. The good news is that it just takes a few simple steps to ensure your business, devices, network, and data safety and security.