Caster Semenya pictures of her traditional wedding ceremony
- Also Read: 10 Images of Maru and Oarabile wedding on Greed and Desire
- Also Read:Gugu and Tira another traditional wedding ceremony and white wedding is getting closer
- Also Read: 14 Pictures of Zweli and Sihle’s traditional wedding in Isibaya
- Also Read : Ashes to Ashes Tsietsi and Mpho’s Traditional Seshweshwe wedding (15 Photos)
- Also Read: Generations: Sphe and Mazwi’s traditional wedding (15 Photos) What about Nolwazi?
- SEE More : Caster Semenya marries girlfriend in traditional ceremony with Violet Raseboya
Star South African 800m athlete Caster Semenya held her traditional wedding ceremony over the weekend.
According to the SA Fame Awards Facebook page, which forms part of Limpopo Media, Semenya and her long-time girlfriend, Violet Raseboya, had their traditional wedding ceremony in Ga-Dikgale in the Capricorn District of Limpopo.
According to reports, Semenya and Raseboya got engaged in May last year.
However, Semenya was quick to dispel those reports, saying, “There is no wedding. Don’t believe the rumours you read in the news,” Semenya said according to the Sowetan website.
However, according to the Daily Sun website, Semenya, 24, sent her parents to Raseboya’s family in Polokwane to negotiate lobola.
An insider revealed at the time that both families were happy to negotiate lobola, with Semenya’s family paying R25 000.
Semenya first shot to stardom in 2009 when she won gold in the women’s 800m at the IAAF’s World Championships in Berlin, before being controversially subjected to gender testing.
She was cleared and won the silver medal at the 2011 World Championship in Daegu.
Semenya’s greatest achievement to date was a silver medal in the 800m at the 2012 London Olympics.
Social media posted numerous pictures of the happy couple on Monday.